Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tryin' to make his way ... home!

This song has been playing a lot on the radio lately, not sure why.

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home

I love listening to it, and makes me watch everyone else on the road :) It gave me the idea of this post. All these pictures are taken on my own way home, and I think these folks were also doing the same. I also wanted to capture all the different ways people make their way home at the end of the day. So here ya go...

Some take the train, and some race that train :)



Some take the bus! (This one is taken by a friend, I wanted to show off the Hindi on it!)



Some ride a bike



And some ride another kinda bike. Motorbikes, zooming away!

You'll have to read a story before you get to see this very special picture.

A motor-bike picture is what I was waiting for to complete this post. And I wanted a really good bike too, as this was going to be my special gift to -xh- for sharing his expert tips with me.

Yesterday, I was on my way back home, sitting at the last traffic light between me and home. I looked out the passenger side window, and there's this guy, on a nice bike! I am thinking -xh- will love this! Took a quick look at the signal, still red, and this one's a busy intersection, so will be red for a while. I had my dark, black sun glasses on, and he had his helmet on, so due to both these things, I couldn't really see his face, and more important where he was looking! He seemed to be looking towards the light, so I guess I can sneak a click.

Light was red, guy was in clear view, I opened the window, grabbed my camera, looked out the window with my camera raised, and holy crap, पकड़े गए, the guy is waving at me!

I was so shocked, was hoping the ground would open up and swallow me (धरती माँ, मुझे अपनी गोदी में समा लो!)
In my shocked state, I smiled, waved back, pointed at the camera with a questioning look, and he was all happy, gave me a thumbs up and all, waved again. My camera was almost out of battery, so I clicked in a hurry. And here's the result!


The light turned green just then, and I turned left and was gone. The guy in the car next to him also seems to be so amused!

Here's a close-up of the machine! Its a Ducati Monster 900. (Greek to me, but -xh- says its one hell of a motorcycle!)


And now I sit here and wonder, what must he be thinking about all this! What story he must be telling his friends. You know, the other side of the story?

I wish I had a way to send the picture to him, am sure he'll get a kick out of it! I guess I made his "way home" a little more fun :p

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh ha! AT last :)

See I told you I want to see the pics with the POST!

Yaar the dude looks good no ;))

welll u knw what, this was your lil smile-at-a-stranger-and-get-it-back-moment
:D

seriously the bike looks cool! I can almost picture me siitnig behind....**phew** picture is, perfect ;))

Lov the guy on the bicycle too :)) u shud takemore! of the guys pic ;)) hehehe!!! we can at least watch and be satisfied :D

waise... McD a ad HINDI main?! in US?! ohh SHIT! :D:D:D:D

yahan pe toh English hai... nad wahan HINDI :D

broca's area said...

hmm..hindi!!..good:)...[nice blog man]

--xh-- said...

may be the guy was ogling @ ur beemer :-D
M900 is awsome fun - one of the best naked stret bikes around, and did you hear the sound the bike makes? it is a very sweet sounding V twin... McD ad @ hindi? global India :-D
the Giant bi-cycle looks good... zand what a coincidence? both two wheelers r yellow :-D

thnx a lot for the photos.. you made my day :-D

Emaan said...

i just rideon my mom n dad's arms :-)
nice pics, and very interesting blog !

Ankur said...

oye yaar... i m really amazed ki aap yeh pics lena manage kaise karte ho... seriosuly... missed these pics... pata nahi blog update hi nahi dikha raha hai mere blogroll par :(

par awesome pics :D :D

heeh

uth gaye kya... busy ho???

Cheers!!!

aneri_masi said...

@veens, I think it was just my day of being totally mad. The madness didn't end with this, as you very well know :)
bike chhoti si hai, peeche jagah nahi hai tere liye!
and the bicycle waala, i was scared while taking it, kahin mundi ghuma ke dekh lee to kya hoga!

@broca, thanks and welcome :)

@xh, thats what I thot too, bimmer ko dekh raha hai, then vanity took over and I decided, nah, he likes my pretty face, hahaha :)
didn't hear the engine :( my left turn light turned green before his.

aneri_masi said...

@emaan, how nice of you to come visit me. You are a total sweetie!

@ankur, uske liye thoda sa madness hona chahiye. I haven't shown these pics to my husband, he will seriously ground me, bolega kya road pe logon ko daraati hai!
yeah, quite busy today :(

La vida Loca said...

u r in my part of the world!! yay!!
I thought SF

Vrijilesh Rai said...

McDees advert in Hindi??? Wats going on??

and I prefer to take snaps of the trains rather than bikes :)

Also, out of all these snaps.. I like the cycle one the most.. Its the sharpest and the saturation is ideal.

aneri_masi said...

la vida, where abt in CA are you?

vrij, yep, I know, you a big trains fan :) I don't discriminate, i click at anything and everything that seems remotely interesting to me.
I like the bicycle pic a lot too, lots of colors!

I am said...

wwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooo girl... this was just kewl too perfect...

and the bike and the guy looks kewl (in helmet atleast) ...

he must have got a full ego boost for a year to boast about for a year I think.. :)

Cinderella said...

The bike pic was awesome !!!
And I wish I could see the stud without the helmet...

ceedy said...

cool...from the hindi fonts on the bus i can guess two towns where you can be...both starting with S...

woh bechara sab ko bolega...yaar aaj ek jhakas maldaar ladki ne mer photu liya :)

aneri_masi said...

@tanu, dunno abt the guy, but I sure did get a huge ego boost with your comment abt my pictures!

@ella, stud koi nahi tha, thik-thak tha ;p

@ceedy, achha tell me your guesses. waise the bus was in a town starting with M :) I hope thats what the dude says, not that some crackpot shot me!

Anonymous said...

Ducatii...plz gift me on... its like.... 9-12 laks only...

Raghu Ram Prasad said...

Beautiful......nice ....lovely

Mysterious Mia said...

haha that wud have been so funny ya...yeah if he just knew his pic was gonna go onto a blog...he wud have absolutely loved it hehe

Kanan said...

Hahaha! nice pics I loved the Hindi ad on VTA bus. In fact, just yesterday I saw a samTrans bus with a Hindi ad and missed taking a picture of it as my car was going too fast. That must have been a McD ad as well I guess. But thanks for this one and thanks to your friend for taking a pic of it. Fun it was! :)

roop said...

ducatis are sexy. :)

ur interest in photography and the consistency with which u've maintained this blog is appreciation-worthy.