Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just on a whim...



Yesterday was another one of my "trigger-happy" days. Took quite a few pictures in the first half of the day! Here they are...

I had an appointment with the doc in the morning. Reached his office about 10 minutes early. So took a few pictures around his office building.

There were quite a few pine trees there, the boughs looked so delicate and pretty against the blue sky!


Then, further down, they had these BIG trees in the middle of all that ivy ground cover. Looked so cool and shady. Really soothing.




Then I got sent to the radiology department a couple blocks down the street. That has got to be the most cheerful medical office I have ever seen. There were flowers everywhere, and what looked like a million-piece puzzle in the waiting room! Clever idea, I say :) The lady who signed me in had this really happy looking flower on her monitor. I couldn't resist clicking at it while she went to make some copies. Makes you smile, doesn't it?

BTW, the husband says "Don't do such things, or else the doc will send you to the psychic ward next!"



I got done with the radiology department, walked out, and saw these flowers (snapdragons!). So pretty in the morning sun. I hadn't really "noticed" the shadow on the ground until I saw it through my camera. Makes it all the more interesting, isn't it?





And then I saw these azaleas in the parking lot. Again, I had no intention of getting the car in the picture, but I just liked how the red looked along with the pink, green and blue.


And then since it was already lunch time by then, I decided to eat before going to my office. I went to my favorite Italian restaurant: Pasta Pomodoro. They sat me at the bar since I was by myself, and right in front of me was this collage of old movie posters.



A close-up of the center picture


And then I saw these wine bottles. Any guesses as to why I HAD to click this one? The bottles on the left say "A", the ones on the right say "Masi"!!! :D



Back to the parking lot after lunch, and this is what I see. It totally cracked me up! That leeeetle bitty tree trying to give shade to that BIIIIIG truck :) It was so funny and cute! Sadly, the picture didn't come out too well. I couldn't avoid the tree in the back.


I went to work, and then home, and then took the last picture of the day. This is the tree-lined street where my home is :) I absolutely love my home and its location and everything else about it.




Thats it for now, folks! Until the bug bites again...ta-da!

15 comments:

Rho Tau GWIS said...

Ooohhh I must come visit you now!!!

A said...

lovely pictures!

--xh-- said...

first photo - try different angle..
second one - i think it might look better if you made the frame a l'll big, than keeping just the bottom of the tree...
fifth one.. crop it from above so that only one kind of texture is visible.. it may give a bit more effect to the pic...
eighth one - like it very much... good angle...
keep on clicking :)

aneri_masi said...

@xh,
1) different angle...kaise?
2) yeah, thats what I wanted too, but after that point...where I have cut it off, you could see the parking lot - concrete and cars - that I didn't want in the picture.
5) ok, abhi try karti hoon.

Thanks!

I am said...

ha ha ha .. .the A masi shots were kewl :)

Anonymous said...

yaar tusii gr8 ho!


smiley sun face kinna cute tha na :D

and A masi :P

i liked the texture... :)) shadows...everything!

Pri said...

heyy great pics :)
loved the azaleas...they look beautiful!
and liked the table piece too :D
tell ur hubby that we'd all be there in the psychiatry ward to give u company...heehee

aneri_masi said...

@cg, you are very welcome. I promise to show you better places than my doc's office :)

@anjuli, thanks dear!

@tanu, heehee :)

welcome back veens!

@pri, now that would be total fun! giving me company there!

Cinderella said...

I loved every single photo here. Not able to decide which one is my fave.

The sunflower on the workstation was damn cute !
And the pink azeleas were so pretty...!!

You are honning up skills di.
Keep it up.

*muaah*

Vrijilesh Rai said...

gr8 shots.. the first one of the palm was real good..

Ankur said...

u know wat... i like all the pics :D :D
hehe...

and u click well :)

Cheers!!!

aneri_masi said...

@Ella, thanks! I am sure that sunflower made you smile! It was so cute!

@vrij, thanks :)

@ankur, bahut shaana ban raha hai na tu ;p arey, i was at work, na, to didn't get to see all your pics properly, ghar jaake phir se theek se dekhe, and I did like all of them, so didn't comment again. When you going back to Pune?

Anonymous said...

PLZ CAN UU SEND ME THE FIRST AND THE SUNFLOWER MONITOR PICS KA BADA RESOLUTIN HUH??? PLZ PLZ.

ceedy said...

Cool pics...
liked the palm,
the restaurant poster...was there glass in front of it???

a - masi - thats was neat too...

good good...keep clickin :)

Cяystal said...

Woohoo!!

I LOVE the photographs like anything!!

*hats off*