Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Got a new toy!!!!

Got a new Nikon D200 as a gift from my sisters!!!! How cool is that!
Now if only I knew how to use it to its full potential!

Added 11/22/07
-------------------
So apparently the serious photographers don't use the LCD display to frame and shoot pictures! Huh! I wish they atleast had the option to turn the LCD on if someone wanted to. It has a huge screen...to be used for playback only. I guess the use of the viewfinder for taking pictures makes sense...so that you can see only what is going to be in the picture, and nothing else. Makes sense.

Learnt a new photography term today..."chimping"... check the picture immediately after taking it. Thats what the whole world does!!! And the "serious" ones look down upon it! Me just a mere mortal..I need my LCD screen. Chimping shld be allowed...nothing to frown upon!

1 comment:

Kanan said...

Chimping! really? I didn't even know of the word. Shoot and learn. :)

Nikon D200!! wowie that's awesomeeeee! How I love those SLRs... *sigh*