Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stanford University

We went out for lunch a couple weekends ago with a friend visiting from India.
He is a really close friend, but I had never actually met him personally, so this was the first time I was seeing him. It was a gorgeous day, so we decided to spend some time at the Stanford University after lunch. Some pictures from that day...


The famous Stanford tower



Stained glass over the entrance to the Memorial Chapel



Gold Leaf decoration on the chapel walls




My friend and I at the Lagunita Lake inside the campus



We stopped by my favorite fruit store on our way home. We usually never go there at this time of the year, so I was curious as to what they would have. They had all the fruits they have during the summer months, but in dried form!!! Strawberries, cherries, blueberries, pears, apples, raspberries, plums, apricots, any fruit you can think of, they had it...dried up! And an assortment of nuts. This is what we bought - dried mangoes, Brazilian nuts and a Bumble Bar :) All of it was on impulse, and all of it was YUMMMMY!

13 comments:

Vrijilesh Rai said...

Wow.. a campus with such a fantastic lake... such a departure from our jungles here!

--xh-- said...

:) nice snaps...

~ ॐ ~ said...

These are really beautiful photographs... nicey !

Sakshi said...

Wow great clicks...I loved the marble ones from an earlier post...will be back to see more

KoolKap said...

nice pics...

pRiyA said...

i can't believe i am saying this, but i am looking for that pic of your feet with those pretty sandals. which blog do i look in? i searched all through here and the other one has only writing!!!
:-P

Kanan said...

Love the photos!

Did you guys see the building with no screws and the one with a natural Sun clock? What about those tiles around the hallway of a building under which the graduating class stores the keepsakes for each year? It's been more than a decade since I went to the campus. I really wish I can go to school there... some day.

aneri_masi said...

@Vrij, Stanford University hai bhai, koi aisi waisi jagah thode hi hai!

@xh, thankoo :)

@prashant, really? I think they are just average :(

@Sakshi, welcome here! And yes, do come back :)

aneri_masi said...

@KoolKap, thanks :)

@Priya, am SO thrilled someone's back to see something again on my blog! I have put the link up in a comment on your blog.

@Kanan, I think I will have to go again! I have no clue what you are talking about! We just went to the chapel and the lake :(

hitch writer said...

thats a lovely snap !!! i like it...


hey we friends are also trying to show India by our photographs.. do visit : http://amateurclicker.blogspot.com

aneri_masi said...

@hitch, which one u like? :)
I did visit your blog. Loved it!

pRiyA said...

Stanford surroundings are really awesome!

I am said...

Stanford campus is really one of the best campus I have seen till date..

liked your bumble bar too :)